This is the time of year where merriment is in the air. We can feel it on the wind and hear it with the rumbling of the leaves. The holiday season is a time for the family to get together, for parties, and dinners and simply a time to enjoy being with your loved ones. After an entire year of a hectic work routine and busy life, this is the time to unwind and socialize with the people you really care for. Hosting a party is one of the most common and significant activities during the holiday season. People take great pride and satisfaction in inviting their family members, friends and colleagues to their homes and cooking great meals for them. Whether it's a cocktail party or just a relaxed family get-together, make ‘Rye Toasts along with Garlic Cream and Smoked Trout’ from cutting board USA cooking guide and serve it with Amaretto-Bourbon Punch. It will be a great hit!
Rye Toasts along with Garlic Cream and Smoked Trout
A Time to Enjoy Food – Selecting the Right Food Options:
A few different ingredients will turn Rye Toast into great dish. Chopped (using cutting boards) cornichons perch and smoked trout atop a garlic cream layer. Serve with Amaretto-Bourbon punch.
- Rye bread: 9 slices
- 18-20 cornichons, sliced into 1-inch pieces using the cutting board of your choice
- Smoked trout: 6 ounces (flaked into pieces)
- Garlic: 1 head
- Heavy cream: 1/4 cup
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp. (more for drizzling)
- Ground pepper and Coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Take the garlic bulb and slice about ½ inch off the top. You should see the cloves.
- Place the bulb onto some parchment paper that has been greased with oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the parchment paper onto a square of foil and loosely wrap the entire parcel with the foil. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft. Unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice bread into 36 rounds with a 1 ¾ inch cookie cutter. Place the sliced bread onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until the rounds turn golden around the edges. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor or blender, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the shell and blend into a smooth paste. Add the cream, with 1 tbsp. of oil and ½ tsp. of salt.
- Scoop ½ tsp. of the garlic mixture onto each toasted bread rounds and spread. Place trout and cornichons on top.
These are now ready to serve!
An awesome and delicious recipe that will amaze your guests:
- 4 cups of bourbon
- 5 cups of seltzer
- 2 cups of fresh juice of (about 16) lemons
- 1 cup of Simple Syrup
- 2 cups of apple juice (sparkling)
- 3/4 cup of amaretto liquor
- Garnish: Maraschino cherries and lemon slices
- Ice cubes
- Mix amaretto, seltzer, juices, bourbon, and simple syrup in a punchbowl.
- Fill it with ice.
- Now, garnish it with cherries and lemon slices
Ready to serve!